Oily Skin – Tips and Tricks to keep the oil at Bay
You realize you have oily skin if your skin continually looks greasy, shining, and you need few blotching sheets multi-day. Slick skin can even feel oily inside long stretches of purging. The Causes of oily skin ranges from genetics, hormones, environmental factors, and your lifestyle.
0ily skin is the outcome of the overproduction of sebum from sebaceous organs. These organs are arranged under the skin’s surface. Sebum is a smooth substance made of fats
Although, it helps to moisturize and protect your skin, it can also lead towards clogged pores, blackheads, zits and acne.
Its excessive production also triggers hormonal changes, genetics, and even stress. But don’t worry in this article we have some awesome oil controlling tips and remedies for you:
Wash Your Face with Warm Water, Twice times a day:
Oily skin people should wash it twice times a day. Waking up in the morning and night time before going to bed is the most suitable time to wash your face. Here are the steps to effectively clean your face:
- Take a gentle oil controlling cleanser with rich in citric, lactic and glycolic Acid.
- Apply it to your face with the help of your fingers.
- Scrub it gently on your face.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
It is necessary to scrub oily skin on more than one occasion per week. The overabundance sebum results in dead skin cells on the skin’s surface, bringing about pimples, skin inflammation, whiteheads, zits, and obviously a dull-looking skin. To get rid of dirt and dead skin cells and deep cleanse your skin’s surface, just as to keep breakouts under control, make scrubbing part of your skincare routine. Once more, be delicate and don’t be hard on your skin.
Weekly Face Packs or Mask:
Excessive oil secretion always demands your extra attention. Buying expensive yet healthy face packs, weekly, is not easy and economical for your budget. That’s why we gathered some Home-made yet effective masks from your kitchen ingredients.
- Egg Whites, Tissue and Lemon:
Okay, the first one is quite common on Instagram and other social-networking sites, Nowadays. Here are 3 simple steps:
- Take 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon and mix it well with 1 egg white.
- Place tissue paper on your face and apply the mixture with the help of a brush.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and gently tap with a clean towel.
- Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) mask:
- Fuller’s Earth is excellent in soaking extra oil, tan and dirt from the skin. It is a deep-rooted natural cure used to treat the skin break out and pimples. All you need to do is:
- Mix two tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth within the water. For better results let it soaked in for half hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of rose water and few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in it.
- If you had any dry patch over your skin, you can add milk in the mixture too.
- Apply it for 20 minutes and relax.
- Wash with lukewarm water and restore the remaining in the glass container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- You can even use this mask 2-3 times a week.
Blotting Paper and Medical Pads:
Numerous organizations make blotting papers, which are extraordinarily structured papers that draw oil from the skin. They won’t treat the sebum creation in the skin, however, they can be utilized to lift abundance oil off from the skin during that time of the day to cause it to seem less greasy and gleaming. Blotting papers are easily available at any drug store, also, we have a DIY to make blotting paper at home for you:
Take a Starbucks tissue paper as they are 100% recycled from paper, a pair of scissors, Translucent loose setting powder, and an envelope.
- Cut tissue into a conveniently 5cm-8cm sized sheet.
- Sprinkle translucent powder all over your sheets.
- Place off the sheets inside your envelope
- And your easy homemade blotting papers are ready.
Don’t Skip Moisturizing:
It’s a miss conception among numerous individuals with oily skin to avoid creams for hydration that their skin will look greasier, utilizing the correct lotions can profit this sort of skin.
Just like other skin types they need to apply oil-free cream as it could help keep the skin damp and ensured, without it feeling oily. As oily skin requires a lot of scrubbing and cleansing per week, it could lead to a lack of essential moisture from your skin. We recommend you to use a light moisturizer along with sunscreen before applying makeup to maintain clean, smooth healthy skin.
Eat Healthy – Skin Healthy:
Keeping up clear and pimples free skin can be a difficult task. It requires a lot of expensive skincare products and natural remedies. Eating right is one of them. Our eating routine plays a vital role in dealing with our skin. Just make healthy food part of your diet. They will not just keep you hydrated they are also good for your stomach and as they say ‘’healthy stomach – healthy skin’’. You can eat the following foods:
- Eat your greens I.e., cucumber, green vegetables, avocados and broccoli.
- Raw fruits and veggies
- Don’t forget your citruses Lemon, Orange and Grapefruit